Learn Something Project
Choose a task you want to learn. This can be tech or non-tech
Reflect on the instructional design choices you made.
Choose a topic and Develop A Plan.It is best if you choose something you have taught before to focus on how media production can influence learning and to reflect on your learning of media production.
- Document what will be learned. Create a map, a web of ideas, a taxonomy of skills, list of objectives, etc. What are the key takeways for students? What do they need to know? What do they need to do.
- Develop s post media activity a learner could complete that would then provide you with evidence that this learning has been met. Keep it quick, concise. Media and evidence activity.
Learn About Your Topic
Curate a reading list
- Identify good sources about your topic. These maybe people, podcasts, books, YouTube videos etc. Bookmark or describe your sources on your blog
Document as you learn
Each day after you try to learn or do something post a microcast on your blog
- 2-3 minute audio recording
- Describe what your goals were and if you got there.
- Upload the audio file to your media library and publish it. Use the tag "microcast"
Reflect on the process
Describe what you learned about your learning process. What does this mean for school?
- Describe what you did
- Tell us what you learned
- By now you know I encourage reflection on what we learn as the best evidence of what people learn
- Curate a useful set of bookmarks and justify source selection.
- Document a learning journey
- Post a microcast series
- Post a series of reflections while and after you complete the project
- blog post describe goals
- Microcast reflect on the learning process
- The responses to bookmarks display a consideration of source
- Reflections provide a critical analaysis of one's performance
Reflective Practioner Level One Badge
Successful completion of this task, as judged by Dr McVerry as successfully meeting the criteria of this project will lead to issuance of a Re Level Two Badge.
To apply for this badge send a reply to this page as a webmention in a post describing and/or including links to your evidence.